Resources for Autism
Please browse the categories below for more information about online resources.
- Autism Calgary Association
- Autism Treatment Services of Canada
- Autism Canada Foundation
- Autism Society of America
- Autism Speaks
- Families for Early Autism Treatment
- Teaching Individuals with Developmental Delays: Basic Intervention Techniques (2003), O. Ivar Lovaas, Pro-Ed
- The Reading & Writing Program: An Alternative Form of Communication (1999), by Catherine Maurice, Gina Green, Stephen C. Luce, Pro-Ed
- Behavioral Intervention for Young Children with Autism: A Manual for Parents and Professionals (1996), by Catherine Maurice, Gina Green, Stephen C. Luce, Pro-Ed
- Teaching Developmentally Disabled Children: The ME Book (1981), by O. Ivar Lovaas, Pro-Ed
- Let Me Hear Your Voice: A Family’s Triumph over Autism (1994), by Catherine Maurice & Alfred Knopf, Ballantine Books
- Behavioral Treatment of Young Autistic Children(1987)- Educational Film Focus International, 1160 East Jericho Turnpike, Huntington, New York 11743, (631) 549-5320
- Cohen, H., Amerine-Dickens, M. and Smith, T. (2006). Early Intensive Behavioral Treatment: Replication of the UCLA Model in a Community Setting. Journal of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics, 27(2), 145-155.
- Howard, J., Sparkman, C., Cohen, H., Green, G., and Stanislaw, H. (2005). A Comparison of Intensive Behavior Analytic and Eclectic Treatments for Young Children with Autism. Research in Developmental Disabilities, 26(4), 359-383.
- Lovaas, O. I. (1987). Behavioral treatment and normal educational and intellectual functioning in young autistic children. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 55, 3-9.
- Lovaas, O.I. (1993). The development of a treatment-research project for developmentally disabled and autistic children. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, 26, 617-630.
- McEachin, J. J., Smith, T., & Lovaas, O. I. (1993).Long-term outcome for children with autism who received early intensive behavioral treatment. American Journal on Mental Retardation, 97 (4), 359-372.
- Sallows, G. and Graupner, T. (2005). Intensive Behavioral Treatment for Children with Autism: Four Year Outcome and Predictors. American Journal on Mental Retardation, 110 (6), 417-438
- Smith, T., Buch., G and Evslin-Gamby, T. (2000). Parent-directed, intensive early intervention for children with pervasive developmental disorders. Research in Developmental Disabilities, 21, 297-309
- Smith, T., Eikeseth, S., Klevstrand, M., and Lovaas, O.I. (1997). Intensive behavioral treatment for preschoolers with mental retardation and pervasive developmental disorder. American Journal of Mental Retardation, 102, 238-249
- Tomanik, S., Pearson, D.A., Loveland , K .A., Lane, D.M., & Shaw, J.B. (2007). Increasing the reliability of autism diagnoses: Examining the utility of adaptive functioning. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disabilities, 37, 921-928
- Tomanik, S., Harris, G. & Hawkins, J. (2004). The relationship between beahviours exhibited by children with autism and maternal stress. Journal of Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities, 29, 16-26